[Dailydrool] Basset Birthday Party

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 15 13:01:02 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's Snoopy here,

Today was Sasha's birthday party at her dog park.  LuLu and I went to celebrate
her birthday with her.  A bunch of other bassets came too.  It was a wonderful
party with balloons and streamers and decorations and everything.

There were lots and lots of bassets, but, there wasn't one single basset
arhoooo'ing when I got there.  Not one.  I sniffed, and I greated.  No
ahrooo'ing.  And so, I ahrooooo'd.  And then, I ahroooooo'd again.  And then I
found a sweet little boy dog and he was half basset and half sneaky neighbor
dog.  He couldn't ahrooooo ..... but he wanted to play chase.  GAME ON!!!!  I
took off after him in full blown ahrooooooooooooooo and half the bassets in the
park took off after us in hot pursuit.  We went looping through the people area
and everybody was scrambling to get out of our way and we tore through the dog
area and guess what???  The other dogs were scrambling out of our way too and we
were charging and we were running and we were swerving and I was
ahroooooooooo'ing and it was wonderful.  And then my friend the half basset half
sneaky neighbor dog boy got too tired to run anymore and he had to stop and the
rest of them stopped too ..... but I still wanted to play.

I have a little bit of trouble calming down sometimes.  I'm kind of like a two
year old, once I'm all rev'ed up .... it's hard to settle.  But my momPerson
knows that so she came over and she hugged me and she called me a good boy and
she petted me ..... and she put on my leash for a little while.

I am a good boy.  And I can really ahroooo.  And I had a very good time at
Sasha's birthday party.  LuLu did too .... she mingled with the dogs and she
even let almost everybody pet her.  It was fun.

More later from Snoopy