[Dailydrool] itchitchitchitch

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Wed Apr 18 16:19:32 PDT 2012

well I have to knock on wood as my Maggie Wags is doing good with the
allergies,  as you all know we are now going to a new vet who retested  Maggie
with the skin scratch test,  NO BLOOD TESTING    I  have to admit I was
pretty skeptical at first,  but I have to say that I  now have a NEW dog.  Maggie
is like a whole different dog, she takes her  desensitizing shots and right
now beings this is the peak season,  she is  on only 5 mg of preds once a
day in the morning and she takes Hyroxyzine 50 mg ,  she was on two pills a
day, morning and night, but she was kind of a  space  cadet  so we cut the
pill back to one pill a day, half in the morning and  half at night , she
occasionally  licks or chews her feet and I have a  spray ( Genesis )  I spray
between the pads on her feet and put a baby sock  on her,  and with in an
hour the redness and itching is completely  gone.  I also bathe her no less
than once a week with  ( Allermyl  )   my vet also said that the Salmon oil
that I give Maggie and Annie  are a big help with allergies. I hope this helps,
 just let me say that I  have been through hell with maggie in the last
five years,  I never thought  that I would be able to find the relief that I
was looking for, this dog was  miserable, she was constantly scratching ,
licking, chewing her paw raw   and shaking her head, she was covered in lesions
all over her body, NO MORE  !   and if you dog is scratching and shaking her
head, for Gods sake  get a culture done,  for years my old vet said it was
" JUST  ALLERGIES "   my new vet took a culture of Maggies ears and she had
a  yeast infection in both ears so much for " JUST ALLERGIES "

if you ever want to call me and ask questions feel free

419-893-4433

Marlene  mommy to Maggie Wags and Evil  Annie