[Dailydrool] This and that

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 07:07:32 PDT 2012

The second place group is catching up to Utah Friends of Basset Hounds!
Please remember to vote every day on every device you have. You're able to
vote from your computer, smart phone, ipad, work computers, library
computers....we all have multiple opportunities to vote. Let's help UFBH
win that prize! I know they sure can use it and they'll be able to put it
to good use for the hounds. Also, make sure you click on that purple button
to help feed another dog. Everyone needs just as much help as they can get!

We had a vet appointment for Jersey and Ginger the other day. Check up for
Jersey and to have needle biopsies done on some lumps on Ginger. The lumps
are all "junkomas" per our vet so we were very happy about that. Our vet
knows how much I love our old Jersey girl and, other than an ear infection,
she got a clean bill of health and he said she's going to live forever! I
can only hope! He just can't get over the difference in Jersey from
when she first came to us and she tried to take a chunk out of him. We used
to always have to muzzle her for her exams. Now, she flops onto her back
for belly rubs whenever she sees him. I think our old gal is a perfect
example of what love and security can do for a dominant dog who has a few
issues. Jersey and I still have the occasional conversation about who
really is in charge. I like to kid myself and think that I'm the boss but
we really know who runs things here!

So, we were at the vets on Tuesday and Ginger developed a hot spot on her
foot yesterday. Timing is everything I guess. Fortunately, I have some
spray left over from someone else's hot spots so we don't have to have
another vet visit. Keeping her from licking is a whole other story though.
I put a baby sock on her foot and the DH had some wrist bands that I put
over it that are actually working pretty well to keep the sock on. Ginger
got a special treat last night and got to sleep with us so we could make
sure she left her foot alone and it looks much better today. Now, if we can
just get through the day without her chewing it too much!

Heart healing and get well drool is being slung to all in need. The
mastiffs are visiting today so we're sending LOTS of drool to everyone!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
with Sasha & Brutus