[Dailydrool] meet & greet

Beverly keshond at cox.net
Fri Apr 27 14:50:39 PDT 2012

I got a puppymill rescue about a week ago to foster.She is going on 5yo and came with her neck chain and USDA tag.  (how sad is that!) We had a meet & greet:  she met us but hasn't greeted us yet...............she's terrified of everything........every noise, every person.  At every overture of friendship, she runs and tries to hide.   Sudden movements and noises send her into flight mode.  She's had way too maNY puppies and has been abused.  The only family members she's not afraid of are my pug and my cat.

She is under no time limit on how long she can stay with me but I want to help her and don't know how.  I've had puppymill dogs in the past and they've become part of the family within a couple weeks.  I welcome any suggestions on how to make her more comfortable and less fearful.  Thanks, Bev

Beverly Burkholder, Tucson, AZ
Arizona Keeshond Rescue, KRNA
AZ Basset Hound Rescue
keshond at cox.net
"My furs are not in storage, nor lying on the bed.  They're dancing 'round my feet, waiting to be fed."  Fabio Paiva