[Dailydrool] bloat

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 13:14:37 PDT 2012

My experience over the years, working at the Vets, is that some dogs bloat
and older dogs tend to have other issues. Nine times out of ten, an older
dog (please ignore this if you have a giant breed, like a Great Dane, Great
Pyrenees or St Bernard) that bloats has cancer somewhere internally that
makes the bloat secondary. In these cases there really is little you can
do. It may not respond to normal treatment, because something other than
the normal circumstances are causing the bloat. Does that make sense?
If one of my dogs, at age 11 or 12 bloated, I would prepare myself for
hearing that something else is also going on. This is just my observation.
I am not a Vet and it is purely anecdotal. I have no stats to back it up.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper