[Dailydrool] momPerson checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 1 12:13:16 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's me,

I've been playing in the street again.  The Santa Cruz half marathon was today
... beautiful day for it.  I finished it in under 2 1/2 hours ... the surf was
really pretty and it just takes your mind away.  Which is why ... during mile
13, I tripped.  No big deal ... but after I crossed the finish line I did go
over and get a bandaid for the knee.  And pulled the leg of my tights back down
and promply forgot about it.  Until I got home.

Walked in the door and Cyrus did the mommy's home dance .... LuLu sang a chorus
... and Snoopy charged straight at me, sniffing my knee through my tights and I
swear he had this look on his face like "I KNEW it!  You've been playing in the
street again and now you've gone and hurt yourself!!  Haven't you??  WHAT did I
tell you about playing in the street???"  It was all there on his face as he
inspected the knee with his snooter ... the other two didn't even notice.

He is following me all around the house now ... trying to make sure I'm ok.  I
asked him  "aw ... who's the first perfect basset hound."  He looked around over
his shoulder as if looking for it, and then turned to me as if to say "I don't
know but it's not me, that much is sure."  He's quite a character.

We really appreciate hearing from everyone about bloat because we are clueless.
 I heard from another drooler who's dog also bloated last week and also resolved
at home with a huge burp (or six)  that's two lucky droolers in one week.  YEAH.
 She called her vet too.  And the opinions were similar.  But, unlike the other
dog, Snoopy is a good candidate for a stomach tack because Snoopy only 6 and he
is in good health otherwise (he had a checkup 10 days ago when I noticed he
seemed to be struggling to pee in the morning.  What a hoot ..... it was the
COLD snap .... it warmed up and the "problem" went away).    So, I guess when we
get his teeth cleaned he will get him tacked as well.  And we'll make sure we
have a good stock of anti gas meds (liquid and pill) and we will watch our
Snoopy.

Also, I've been thinking about what Debbie said (what was the same both times)
and also what happened to Crackers (water!) and I realized that both times
Snoopy had been playing hard and drinking tons of water.  You see, I really am
clueless.  Some people limit their dogs water intake at the park and I always
thought it was mean.  Oh my dog .... I shouldn't let him drink a ton of water
and then run around and play some more should I??  At home or at the park!!!!

Droolers, you rock!!!  You guys definately saved Snoopy.

more later from the clueless momPerson