[Dailydrool] Dosage

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 2 15:04:50 PDT 2012

Ok, ok, so I am definately the clueless momPerson but as I have said before my
mother (may her memory be for blessing) knew many things.

She impressed upon me that while the dosage for Hydrogen peroxide is
approximately a couple of teaspons to a tablespoon or so per dose .... you can
keep repeating it every 5 to 10 minutes (depending on how desparate you are to
get back whatever was eaten) and you really don't have to stress the dosage.

She impressed upon me that while the dosage for GasX is approximately one to two
tablets ... you simply cannot overdose ... so keep feeding them to him/her until
it achieves the desired result and/or you arrive at the vet.

She impressed upon me that you must NEVER, EVER, under ANY circumstances apply
this to other meds.  Never, ever, ever exceed the recommended dosage for
benedryl, ascrpitin (buffered aspirin), pain meds or anything else.  Ever.

I sincerely hope that helps.

As to type I have always used tabs .... but Debbie says liquid is better and Pam
says her dog couldn't swallow the pill due to how far the bloat had advanced and
Kacy says liquid works faster (and my mom didn't say) so I'd say go with
liquid.  I now have both at home.

Good luck.  Hopefully you'll never need any of this.  While we're on the subject
do you have:

1)  your vet AND your nearest ER Vet in your cell phone with phone number and
address
2)  a stretcher in case the dog can't walk to the car
3)  hydrogen peroxide and a squirter (dropper or turkey baster)
4)  guaze and medical tape
5)  Ascriptin (buffered aspirin)
6)  Benedryl
7)  The makings of a Tourniquet
8)  A big bath towel

all wrapped up together in a bag and labeled Dog Emergency Kit???

Oh ... and enough food and water for the DOG(s) to last AT LEAST 3 days ...
--Dale