[Dailydrool] FYI Tick Stuff

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Sun Apr 22 15:26:24 PDT 2012

My vet told me that Trifexis is basically Heartgard and Comfortis
combined in one chewable. Comfortis is a chewable flea preventive; it
doesn't kill ticks, just fleas. Although expensive, trifexis is still
cheaper than buying Heartgard and Comfortis separately.

I've been giving our Elsinore and young Charlie Comfortis for the
last several years because Advantage and Frontline no longer seem to
work on fleas, but Comfortis does. So now they're on Trifexis for the
first time. So far so good, but they've only had one pill so far, and
the fleas haven't really started up for the season yet.

Elizabeth