[Dailydrool] FYI tick stuff

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 22 11:19:58 PDT 2012

Wow Bev.

I got some info on the drool and then I talked again to the vet.  She said for
heartworm she recommended Heartguard and then whatever you like (I like advantax
II because it repels mosquitos and tics and stuff too) for the rest.  She said
she could also get me Trifexis if I wanted it.  I asked her what she had to say
about Trifexis and she said "Dale, I like the heartguard."  I said well, what
about the Trifexis and she said "I can get it for you, but I like the
heartguard."

There is also an advantage Multi that does the heartworm too.  I just used the
last dose of that on LuLu as that is what the resuce I foster for uses.  She was
fine with it.  I asked the vet about that one and she said "if you want it, I
will order it for you.  Dale, I like the heartguard."

So clueless though I certainly am I am married to the man who says it is foolish
to pay a trained professional for their opinion and then ignore it.  He feels
you either go with their advise or else you find yourself a new Doc.  And, I
like this vet for a long time now.

So, Heartguard.  And Advantix II (for us).  Where the main problem is fleas and
mosquitos and I haven't seen a single tic in years.

--Dale