[Dailydrool] Trifexis

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Sun Apr 22 16:21:24 PDT 2012

My vet recommended Trifexis for Sunny when we got her
late last summer because the flea and mosquito populations
here are so awful.  I really wasn't keen on it but she said they
had had good results with it, so I did end up giving it to her.
Sunny does just fine with it - it does say to give it WITH a meal
so that may be something that gets overlooked or forgotten.
This is not put ON the dog - it's an oral med so I think the
person that told Bev her dog was shaking had to be bathed
a couple of times was probably confused about which
preventative was used.

Trifexis is a combination of Comfortis and Interceptor so
it's not a "new" preventative, just 2 put together in one
tablet.  Convenient, yes . . . is it what  you want to do
is something to you need to carefully consider.

Gracie can't take Trifexis because Comfortis is a no-no
for dogs that have seizures.  And Bosley puked the
Comfortis up so he doesn't get it, either.  Like everything
else out there, nothing works for everyone!

Donna, drool fueler for Gracie, Bosley and Sunny