[Dailydrool] update on Jane

Jane Lyons jane at robertlyonsphotography.com
Wed Aug 1 16:49:43 PDT 2012

Just a quick update on my wife, Jane, who was diagnosed with lung and
bone cancer shortly after the loss of our April and Jackie this spring.

Jane was released from the hospital on Monday afternoon, and was greeted
at our door with wildly wagging tails from our new basset, Fendi.  Jane
was weak at first from her two-week hospital stay which involved
radiation and chemotherapy treatments, but is quickly regaining her
strength. It is still hard for her to sit at the computer desk and type,
so I am making still another update for her just to let all the basset
families and food slaves that have been so kind to send cards and well
wishes. She, (and I) can't thank you enough for your generous efforts.
Every card means a great deal to us both, and are proudly displayed on
our dining room table. The last few days have also involved setting up
and dealing with our county visiting nurses, and going through papers
trying to get things in order. Very soon I hope that Jane will be able
to sit here and thank you all 'in person'.

Fendi has been just wonderful through all this turmoil, and is providing
much needed love and companionship. Fendi is the one good thing that has
happened to us during this very hard year.

We are both hoping that the second half of this year will be much
different from the first. Jane does face more chemotherapy in the coming
weeks and months and will count on lots of healing drool from all the
bassets and food slaves on the DD.

And of course our heartfelt condolences go to all those that have
recently had a loved basset go to the bridge.

Thanks again.
Rob Lyons (for Jane and Fendi)