[Dailydrool] Fruit, veggie eating bassets

Speedster speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 09:23:59 PDT 2012

I am enjoying this thread. It's one that I have always wondered at. Up until we got Rambo, Speedy never touched a vegetable. They had no business getting near his mouth. Fruit- no problem. Give him apples, watermelon (especially in the summer) cherries, cantaloupe and he gobbled down. But how dare we try giving him veggies!

Enter Rambo the Shar Pei that insist he is a starved dog. Rambo eats anything remotely tasting of food ( except lettuce, I'm noticing no dogs like lettuce). Now Speedy loves carrots and green beans. The other day I was chopping zucchini and Speedy loved it! Cucumber? Yes, please! Eggplant? I'll have that too.

Maybe Betsy and Flash just need a hound around that thinks all food is great. However I must warn you, once they start liking veggies, you get absolutely no rest when you are trying to make a salad. Maybe you are better off that they turn up their noses lol.....

Nancy momslabe to:
Speedy Speed Demon of the West (OEBE)
and Rambo the neurotic Shar Pei

Sent from my iPhone