[Dailydrool] Well-trained Bassets

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 08:39:43 PDT 2012

So Nigel wanted to go out. This means someone takes him out with a towel
under his belly/hips. Naturally, the Brothers Grim wanted out too. I get
Nigel out and he starts eating grass. He is still on Flagyl and Chicken and
rice so this was not something I wanted. I put the towel under him just as
Katie's (my back neighbor-- no one on the list) huge dogs hit the back
fence screaming.
Llewis and Conley took off like shots for the fence, ahrooing at the top of
their lungs --Nigel lunged, slipped out of the towel and headed for the
fence at speed (he is amazingly fast) dragging everything on the ground..I
grabbed Nigel, bellowed at the bellowers who couldn't hear me or if they
could dismissed it as so much blather-- got the towel on Nigel who slipped
out twice as I tried to turn him for the house, and FINALLY, I screamed
INTHEHOUSE at him and he turned and let me bring him in.
Meanwhile the two hotshots are still at the fence screaming and Igrab a
leash and went for them, snared Conley who never heard me coming and tapped
Llewis (He is the worst of all of them) started back for the house and
Llewis veered off and headed for the fence making Conley try to follow.
Just the DH opened the door and called Llewis who started back for the
house. I get in the house with Conley and there is no Llewis---- he is
standing indecisively in the yard, body toward the house, head toward the
fence.....Both DH and I yelled at him together and he came trotting in.
They are napping.
I wish I were.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis and Conley