[Dailydrool] Cesar and Bassets

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Thu Aug 2 11:57:47 PDT 2012

Think Cesar visited Daphneyland in California a couple of years ago and
am pretty sure he admitted that Bassets defeated him. However, he did do
at least one segment where he worked with a couple's two Bassets.
Believe their problem was the dogs' fighting with each other.
Supposedly, that was corrected... but I rather doubt it stayed that way
over time. Bassets can be weird in that a pair or several can be "best
buds" one minute and snarling enemies the next.

One person's anecdote is just one person's experience, and doesn't apply
to everyone or everything -- but now that we have only ONE Basset, we
have no fighting amongst the 7 house dogs (and never did have except
when there were more Bassets in the mix). This one Basset is the only
dog who likes to play with toys -- but cannot be allowed to have them
because she becomes possessive not only of the toy itself, but the area
in which it might lie. No one else WANTS it, but they mustn't LOOK at
it, either. She growls so ferociously that she scares the other dogs, so
toys are banned.

Riche
BUGLER