[Dailydrool] Cyrus reports

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 2 14:59:38 PDT 2012

Ah .... beef ribs, yummmmmmm , hold on Elder Clara let me reach those pastries
for you, here you are .... ahhhhhhhh

Well then.  Grandma Ellen was very surprised to see me.  Shocked might be a
better word.  We're all watching the clueless momPerson from here.  Poor thing
is clueless you realize.  I was running along beside her at lunch time today,
with Sweet Maggie running along the other side of her.  Fortunately it turns out
she always walked me on her right and Sweet Maggie on her left so it was all
good and she reached out her hand toward Maggie and then before either of us
knew what she was doing she reached out and patted ME and then we both realized
in the same moment that we are not really apart, it's just different.

I never actually got to sniff Sweet Maggie before because she left for the
bridge 3 weeks before the clueless momPerson got talked into fostering a 100 lb
year old hunting dog who'd never been inside a house before.  Natalie was 5 at
the time.  As previously mentioned .... she's ALWAYS been clueless.  I remember
those early days ..... Natalie was missing sweet Maggie so bad she'd grab me
around the neck and squeeze and push her head down on TOP of my head so I'd
snarl at her and then she'd cry and then the clueless momPerson would tell us
BOTH to KNOCK IT OFF.  Which we'd do, for 4 or 5 seconds, and then repeat.  I
followed little Natalie all around the house and yard which was wonderful as I
was wild and strong and more than twice her weight.  I knocked her over 3 dozen
times a day (at least).  And if I left her for ONE second she'd come and find
me.  I slept in her bed and ate her food.  Within one week she was MY little
girl and I would snarl at ANYONE who told her no.   The clueless momPerson was
NOT amused.  I could fly back then .... they have sleigh beds and I'd leap up
OVER the footboard to get onto the beds.

So I found Grandma Ellen and Sweet Maggie and we all said hello and then I
humped Sweet Maggie because I'm a humper.  Um.  Word to the wise here.  NEVER
hump Sweet Maggie.  Maggie does NOT go in for that sort of thing no matter how
tall, dark and handsome someone might be it seems a certain protocol of flowers,
food and sweet talking must be followed first otherwise .... well .... Grandma
Ellen did clean up my wounds.  And, stuff does heal up right away here at the
bridge.

I've been told I am free to visit the basset section at my leisure (buffet is
better, hands down) but it turns out not to be too leisurely.  I've been
fetching for everyone here (Anna needs everything from everywhere all at once as
does Clara) and also I can reach everything and am always passing stuff.  Also,
the telescope lines are shorter over here.  On the other hand EVERYTHING is
shorter over here so I do need to go over to the Lab section to stretch these
long legs and get in frisbee games (the clueless momPerson curtailed my frisbee
playing sometime back after a shattered molar incident but I digress)

I just had a peak in and Snoopy and LuLu are asleep on LuLu's couch.  Natalie is
at the park and Julianne is out in the man cave listening to music and waiting
for her friend to come.  momPerson is writing some sort of code and dadPerson is
aggrevated.  He misses me bad and he's been sick and he has trouble crying so
he's aggrevated instead.  I tried following him around the house but he didn't
know it was me.  Maggie says she tried that for weeks ... even made shadows move
to tell him she was there .... but he just gets more aggrevated.  LuLu cuddled
him till he got up today.  The dadPerson needs to lighten up.

Thanks to everyone who wrote and told momPerson they cared.  That was awfully
nice of you.

more later from Cyrus ATB