[Dailydrool] smelly basset home

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:40:42 PDT 2012

Jan, I saw your question on the Drool this morning about the distinct
basset odor in the home, and here's what I've done: Metered air fresheners.
Now, when people come to visit, they don't even know the dogs live inside
the house!

http://www.timemist.com/microdispensers.php
http://www.airfreshenersandmore.com/Metered-Air-Fresheners/c1/index.html

I have one in the utility room (where the dogs sleep) and living room
(where the dogs spend the rest of their time.) They automatically spray on
a schedule. I use the Time Mist brand, because they do better than "cover
up", they actually seem to de-odorize. I got mine from the local janitorial
supply, but they can be ordered online from Staples, Walmart, etc. Other
brands should be just as good.

Look for one that can be programmed for different schedules - mine is not
spraying in the utility room during the day, because the hounds aren't
there. And the living room is turned off at night for the same reason.

Tim 'n Puppies
Maggie d'Earest
Leia Round
Dexter Doofus