[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 226, Issue 6

Sue Pearson suesbassets at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:23:45 PDT 2012

Many years ago we had a TV dog trainer over here called Barbara Woodhouse. She would not have Bassets on her show at all as she got nowhere with them. So it was with trepidation that a one dog show it was her judging the junior handling and it was the turn of my younger daughter to take Lucy into the ring. Bear in mind that Lizzie was only about 5 at the time and was a small 5 at that. There were a large number of children in the class and here was this little tot with one of those 'untrainable' dogs. Lucy was by then an experienced show dog and trotted round the ring and let Lizzie stack her with no problem. She was awarded 5th place which was brilliant as the children placed above her were a lot older. I think the judge was just shocked by this pairing.
Sue still finding it strange with just one hound (Ginger) and 2 cats.