[Dailydrool] Allergies and Hair Loss

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 06:03:53 PDT 2012

Well, I should have known better than to tell every one how great Bugsey
was doing.  Ragweed season has started over here.  I don't know if it is
the start of ragweed or the after effects of z/d fiasco, but Bugsey is
turning into a Mexican Hairless dog.  His stomach is bald.  He still has
hair on top, but it is shall we say thinning rather rapidly.  Luckily he is
not a sunner.  We have taken him off of the benadryl and pred and are
starting him on Atopica.  So far so good.  He isn't throwing up, but it is
too soon to see if it will do any good.  I am more fortunate than Marlene.
Bugsey's skin is intact.  He is not scratching.  In case you are wondering,
we did check his thyroid and it is fine.  Liver and kidney are good to go.
I guess in the grand scheme of things there are a lot worse problems than
having a hairless dog.  The ear swelled shut, but there is a new medicine
you can pack the ear with like the BNT, but it has a more potent topical
steroid and it worked like a charm.

The enduring part of all of this is as hot is it is Beauford has decided
that Bugsey much be cold.  So, he keeps checking Bugsey out and if he
thinks his little brother is cold, Beauford covers Bugsey in a blanket.

Jennifer, momslave to Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn