[Dailydrool] LuLu Reports

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 6 15:59:42 PDT 2012

Hi everyone, it's LuLu,

We are getting along with life here at our house.  Our meals are back to normal
with kibble, pumpkin, joint powder and green beans and after the last week or
two when nobody could stomach much of anything this is a welcome relief.  And I
have a new appreciation for pumpkin!  Before I ate it after everything else in
my bowl.  Now it is the VERY FIRST thing gone from my bowl.  Yummm, yummm,
pumpkin.  Both Snoopy and I got better from the pukes and then the squirts but
we had bright red butts!  OUCH.  Then the clueless momPerson used polysporin on
our butts and added the pumpkin back and we now are back in rare form.

Fruits and veggies .... YES!  For the record we will do anything for a carrot.
ANYTHING.  If momPerson wants us out of the kitchen she hands out carrot bones
.... which is really those great big huge thick carrots you can buy at the store
and we know that means take this and SCRAM and so we do .... we scram right into
the living room.  We also love brocolli, asparagus, pumpkin, green beans (which
I harvest daily in the yard, below 2 feet on the pole is mine, mine, mine)
cucumbers, artichokes (Snoopy will resort to stealing them, we've only ever
gotten them cooked though, the rest we eat raw) squash, radishes (but momPerson
worries about the gas and bloat so every time we get one she panics) and most
other veggies.  Except the leafy ones.  We won't eat leafy greens .... but we do
eat grass.  Go figure.  Fruit knows no limits.  If it is a fruit we will eat it
and that's that.  Berries, melon, apples, pears, citrus, bananas, mango, papaya,
kiwi, peaches, plums, pineapple you name it, we'll eat it and if we catch the
people eating it then they'd better either share or else get us one.

I know a secret.  The momPerson had a ramp put in for the dog door a little over
a year ago when Snoopy was having trouble with a limp.  She had to remove it a
couple hours later when she realized Cyrus could no longer use the door.  You
see, she had the door put in (15 years ago) about 4 inches off the floor inside
because she wanted to be able to accomodate any age/size dog and the door is
huge.  So, it's 4" off the floor inside but had over a foot drop outside which
allowed the long legger to hunch over to get out and then step down.  He HAD to
have the step down or he couldn't get out so she had to take the ramp back out.
Day before yesterday she got the rigging out of the garage and put the ramp back
in.  Boy oh boy you should see Snoopy!  He doesn't know it has been in the
garage all this time.  He is SO happy he just LOVES that silly thing.  He RUNS
up it.  He RUNS down it.  She goes and opens the door for turn out in the
morning and he ignores the door and charges down his ramp.  Poor Snoopy is stiff
and sore in the morning and that jarring hit of dropping onto concrete was
really tough and trying to jump UP to get back in the house was too.  He thinks
she did it to make him feel better and she did .... only it was a long time ago
and just wasn't to be then, but it's sure dandy now.  I like it too.

Once again we would like to thank all the droolers for the outpouring of support
when my brother Cyrus left us suddenly for the bridge last week.  And I would
like to apologize for the momPerson's apparent inability to respond individually
to all those messages without disolving.  She really does appreciate your
thoughts and kind words of comfort, we all do.  Thank you so much.

Love,
LuLu

And Snoopy, OEBE, Curator of Missing objects who has a squishy butt that makes a
perfect pillow, if you don't believe me check facebook .... we're cute.