[Dailydrool] Welcome, Charlie !

Nancy nancykay9 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:35:33 PDT 2012

As you know, we lost our wonderful Frank the Tank in June, with his journey to the Rainbow Bridge. Our usually quiet house then was Way Too Quiet. Well, it's becoming less so as of today.

Bill and I drove from here in central Virginia to a little town on North Carolina which is halfway to Georgia ... To meet up with a wonderful breeder and to get "Charlie". He is 12 weeks old, red and white, handsome, happy, and a real sweetie-pie. After our 12-hour round trip, Charlie is settling in already. He's met our daughter (a photographer, photos coming soon!), our 3-year-old granddaughter (who marched into the living room and told us all that "Charlie is the cutest thing in the world!!" ), and two neighbors already.

We left Tina at home today, with two people stopping by to spend time and let her out, so when we arrived home with a Puppy!, we were surprised how nonchalant she was. She had two litters in her life-before-us, so maybe this is just more babysitting to her. Tina was usually the instigator of playing with Frank, so when Charlie gets a little older,  we hope that will pick up again.

Bill and I are exhausted, getting up at 3:30 is not in our usual repertoire. So we hope Charlie does ok tonight with his very first night of not sleeping with his littermates. He did fine in his crate all the hours from Georgia to here, our fingers are crossed that he won't mind going back in there later. He's sound asleep now on a dog bed in the living room -- it has been a big day !!!

Nancy, owned by Tina-Weena and Charlie