[Dailydrool] Calendar Hounds

Nicole Haase nicole.haase at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:45:07 PDT 2012

Those are my two knuckleheads on today's Daily Drool Calendar.

I clearly filled something out wrong, since only Flash is listed, but
that's Flash and Betsy.

Flash with the brown ears and white old man face is 13ish and from Basset
Buddies Rescue in Wisconsin. He's my foster failure. He was the second ever
foster I took in and he never left. He's the lowest-maintenance basset I've
ever come across and I can't believe that we never had one inquiry into him
in the few years he was still technically a foster (until I made an honest
hound out of him).

As long as he has a blanket to sleep under and peanut butter in his Kong
every night, he's the happiest of hounds. As an old man, he's rather
grumpy, sleeps about 18 hours a day and generally wants to be left alone,
which is sad for me because he's incredibly soft and smooshy and I just
want to love on him. He runs away from me :(

You may remember that he went down in the rear last October and I thought
we were going to put him down. But he made a miraculous recovery and has
been going strong ever since. He's slightly wobbly, especially since he
likes to lay on his hip and then has a rough time getting his legs back
underneath him when he wants to stand up, but otherwise he suffers no ill
effects from the event and he's still going strong.

Betsy just celebrated her 3rd gotcha day on August 1st. I got her when she
was about 1 from Hounds Haven Rescue in Iowa. I actually bought her sight
unseen because I completely fell in love with her picture. She's got a
ballerina foot, but that doesn't slow her down at all - most people don't
even notice is because you only see it when she stops and sits and she's
too bust running around to bother doing that. he has tons of energy, but
never learned how to play. She will go belly up for any stranger, prompting
me to remind her that she's a bit of a hooch, showing her lady bits to
every passerby :) She loves belly rubs and wants to be touching you at all
times. My boyfriend has woken up to her standing over him on the bed,
licking her lips! There's never a dull moment with The B (as we're wont to
call her).

Happy Calendar Day, Haase Hounds!

--
Nicole Haase