[Dailydrool] Drool Posts

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Sun Aug 12 07:41:12 PDT 2012

Two drool posts in particular got me chuckling this morning one about Bassets eating or not eating I agree they will eat kibble when they are hungry people teach dogs to hold out to get what they want we worry and fret they are not eating so we cater to them we REWARD them for not eating so why should they eat kibble we are training them to hold out for something better. They will eat when they get hungry. I am not condeming I do the same thing but I know they will eat if I just do not feel well and do not give into their demands, I know I trained them to hold out and now I need to train them to eat what they need to eat.
The second was the one about a dog eating the dog beds. It reminded me about one morning I woke up and I heard a faint whimper and a faint woof. I looked and looked and could not find where it was coming from. I then noticed one of the dog beds was moving. Just a little and a very faint woof coming from the vicinity of the bed. I kept looking at it and saw a snout peeking out of a small hole in the corner of the bed. One of my Bassets had chewed a hole and had chewed its way into the bed and was now stuck. She had been chewing on that bed for days and I kept vowing to sew it with metal thread to fix it so she could not spread stuffings like snow all over the house but I kept procrastinating and never got that done and now she chewed her way into the bed. We unzipped the zipper and dug her out. She never touched the bed again. We were fortunate she did not suffocate. It was scarey on both our parts hers and ours but like I said she never chewed on a dog bed again, now it is sheets she loves to tear the sheets up on our bed it drives me crazy. But at least she cannot get trapped and is safe. That is more important to me than anything.