[Dailydrool] First Basset

D'Ann Love lovedann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 19:27:04 PDT 2012

I've been reading the Daily Drool for a few months in preparation for my first Basset. I am constantly amazed by the outpouring of love and the terrific spirit shown by this community. And now, I am an official member. It's truly an honor to finally say that.

This weekend we brought home an 8-month-old, bouncing baby tri-color girl from a wonderful breeder in South Texas. Maisy Belle is such a joy: soulful yet silly, lazy and lumbering one minute and speedy and stealth the next. But she is always sweet, loving and devoted.

Maisy's positive attitude is one to be emulated. When Sushi the Siamese gently popped her on the nose, she wasn't afraid. She wagged her tail happily as if to say, "She touched me. She must really like me." Sushi does. Who wouldn't? Clemmie Lou, her cavalier King Charles spaniel big sister, also likes Maisy. Not enough to share her toys with her, but the ice is melting.

Maisy enjoys life wholeheartedly. Apparently, that's the Basset way. Thank you for allowing us to become part of such a special group.

D'Ann & Maisy
The Long, Tall Texans

D'Ann Love

Sent from my iPad