[Dailydrool] Ignorant Other People and Our Dogs

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 05:47:51 PDT 2012

I must say that I have never had trouble with a dog that was scared to meet
other dogs or people.  I have had two that showed NO common sense.  A dog
comes along with a basket muzzle on and is growling and snarling and
Bismark ATB and Bugsey are trying to dislocate my shoulder trying to
introduce themselves to the dog!

My biggest problem believe it or not is people feeding my dogs without
permission!  Both Beauford and Bugsey have terrible food allergies.  It
takes an incredible amount of work for me to keep them looking half decent
and at the moment I am failing with Bugsey, unless you like the Mexican
Hairless look.  I can't control the pollen or mold count outside, but I can
make sure they don't eat something that will cause a flairup, or so I
thought.  I actually don't mind these people feeding my dogs.  I just want
them to feed the boys MY treats which I know they are not alleergic to and
not their treats.  I guess since I grew up in a family filled with kids
with food allergies and then I have dogs wih food allergies, that I just
assumed everyone asked before feeding.  Alas, no.  I need a vest or a
bandana for the dogs that says not to feed the dogs!  Or ask for treats to
feed them or something.  When I do manage t stop people they always say,
"But he is so cute!"  What does that have to do with anything?!  Of course
he is cute.  He is my baby.  That doesn't magically make him not allergic
to your snack.  I also like. "But it's his birthday!"  So, you want to make
him sick for his birthday?  Nice present.  Just let me whip up a muffin or
a biscuit and he will never know what treat he is missing.  Sorry.  I will
get off my soap box now.

Jennifer, momslave to Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn (we are eating yummy
rice, sorghum and peanut butter biscuits right now!)