[Dailydrool] No common sense

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 15:03:43 PDT 2012

I also have a basset, Harley, with no common sense. He assumes that all dogs, all cats, all people,...well, all of the universe adores him. And well they should. A few years ago, back when we still went to dog parks, Harley trotted up to an aloof looking rottweiler mix to say hello. The rottie grabbed Harley by the neck and wouldn't let go despite the rottie owner and myself beating on it. Harley was shrieking. The park is next to the HHS and the entire staff came out, lifted the rottie off and twisted it until it had to let go or break its neck. We hustled a bleeding Harley inside to the HHS vet who patched him up and bandaged him--no arteries severed. On the way out, the rottie and owner were leaving the park. Harley immediately began wagging all over and trying to get over to see the rottie and try to make friends, no hard fe