[Dailydrool] Cancer and knowing when to let go...

Kara Carpenter frknhippie at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 06:43:19 PDT 2012

Hi
all,
Some
of you may remember, as you were kind enough to contact me off list, I posted
last year about my 4-legged “brother” Gus--my parents’ basset--who was
diagnosed with kidney cancer.  He survived
removal of the kidney and chemo and enjoyed about a year of normal happy life,
however, 2 months ago he was diagnosed with a tumor on his adrenal gland.  Within the last 2 weeks he is getting more “lumpy”
and sleeping more, losing weight, and only eating sporadically (although not
that unusual for him).  He doesn’t seem
to be in pain yet but we don’t know when that time will come.  If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions or
advice on gauging pain and discomfort and knowing when the time is right to let
one go, I’d appreciate it.
Drool
to all,
Kara