[Dailydrool] Amish pupppies

Shirley snoozinhounds at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 07:28:15 PDT 2012

We adopted one of the Amish puppy mill dogs.  We love her to pieces , well,
all but Sally Belle but that¹s a story for another day.  A lady I know
adopted the other puppy that Droopy had from the same litter.  Now here is
where you all come in.  Both puppies had a dry cough that has mucus now.  We
both took our dogs to our own vets.  Both prescribed Clavamox.  Also both
dogs had double bacterial infections in the ears and also a yeast infection
in the ears.  Between the antibiotic and ear cleaning and meds the ears are
now good to go. The problem is the cough.  There is no pattern to when she
coughs.  Example like after running etc.  none of that at all.   It can be
when she is sleeping, walking anytime.   Rosie (my pup) has nothing in the
lungs while the other puppy her vet hears something in the lungs.  My vet is
thinking maybe she has that leftover tickle in the throat so put her in a
cough suppressant which works while she is on it if I take her off she
coughs again.  Elwood (the other puppy) has now been placed on a stonger
antibiotic ( my vet was afraid to do this because of the side effect that
can come to puppies from this stronger antibiotic)  Neither vet will give
the second set of puppy shots with the cough.  They are now  soon to be 5
mo.   Other than this cough they are normal puppies. Rosie is steadily
gaining weight no yuk from the nose or eyes. Coat is good, Eyes are clear,
gums good teeth razor sharp like you would expect.  She runs and plays , get
into everything like a puppy does. It is just this blasted cough. I am
wondering if any of you have ever had this or know of anyone who has?? Any
ideas.  Next step is testing and I think it has to be something simple since
she is otherwise normal including a strong steady heart.  Anything you can
suggest can¹t hurt. Thanks
Shirley
Mom to Sally Belle, Gordy and coughing Rosie