[Dailydrool] getting a new dog to eat

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 17:28:53 PDT 2012

One thing I have learned is that some dogs just like to have another dog to
eat with them.  When we got Browyn, she didn't want to eat for me and I was
hand feeding her and she was picking at her food.  She was taking snacks
with Beauford and Bugsey like a champ.  So instead of feeding her in a room
by herself, I moved her to the kitchen.  Bugsey eats in the dining room
just on the other side of a dog gate from her.  The gate isn't up because I
think they will fight as much as I don't want any sharing of food.  Browyn
eats puppy food and Bugsey has food allergies.  Beauford eats in the living
room and Browyn can see him, but he has to get past me and down the long
aisle kitchen to her.  Maybe Gracie needs to eat where she can see Lulu.
If I remember correctly, Snoopy has food aggression issues in his past and
I would be leery of that.  Of course I don't know how bad he is.  My
Banshee ATB would try to attack dogs through a sliding glass door and had
to be fed in a room with a solid door so she couldn't see any one else
eating.  We finally got where we could be in the room with her and we could
pet her.  Neither the DH or I wanted to lose fingers and we never went so
far as to stick our hands in her bowl.  We could give her treats by hand,
Jennifer, momslave to Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn