[Dailydrool] Miss Gracie Update

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 18 07:33:36 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's Dale,

Miss Gracie has shown herself to be quite the houseguest so far.  She plays
really nicely with Snoopy and LuLu. Jennier and Anita were righ, she wants/needs
to eat with the other dogs.  Like this morning, I was in the man cave fixing
bowls and Gracie came out with me.  Well, she gets plain kibble for now (won't
take a carrot, let along pumpkin but she ate a green bean this morning so we're
on the right track).  So, I put Gracie's bowl down on the floor while I worked
on Snoopy and LuLu's but she wouldn't touch it.  So, I brought it into the
kitchen with the other two and went with one dog, one mat and all 3 gobbled up
breakfast.  Now I wish I could switch the mats but Snoopy has always eaten at
the end of the U where he is "fenced" in and I can manage him.  Snoopy does NOT
bite, has never bitten but he does have food issues.  He snarls and
ahrooooooooooo's and talks real nasty talk he learned when he was on the streets
on the "east side" before he got picked up.  I always worry that a dog that
doesn't know him will rip his face off for getting in their face and talking
like that.  But so far no one has (although Cyrus was tempted on more than one
occasion).  Snoopy did finish first and come charging at Gracie who was on a mat
in front of the fridge and he was snarling but Gracie ignored him and I grabbed
him and told him to go sit down on his mat and be nice and he did.

Gracie didn't have a single accident yesterday.  So far all of my fosters have
figured it out within a day or two even though none of them were house dogs ever
and I do know why.  It's my Snoopy.  Someone is always home and we watch the new
dog and we try to get them to go outside a lot with the other dogs but
inevitably they will start to pee inside and we will catch them and grab that
collar and run for the back door shouting no, no, no we do that OUTSIDE, let's
go OUTSIDE and once we get them to the grass we let go.  And back up.  And the
dog will look up confused and then my tidy Snoopy will strutt over there and
AHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO inches from their nose (NO peeing in my house!!!)  Most
dogs learn real fast.

There's been an offical "inquiry" into Miss Gracie.  I pulled her Tuesday night
and somebody is already coming forward wanting her.  Well, really I mean how
could they not, she's adorable, she's easy and she's a love.  My dogs like her a
lot but heck, my dogs like most everyone.  If the home is perfect then she's
probably got a new home.  Let's see.

more later from the clueless momPerson