[Dailydrool] Where is Sherlock Holmes when you need him?

Karen Markisenis kmarkisenis at hvc.rr.com
Mon Aug 20 06:04:32 PDT 2012

Both Emma and Cadbury ate a fairly large amount of plastic and needed surgery to remove many said pieces from their respective stomachs.  One of the pieces had a partial address and bar code on it.  Ron and I managed to deduce that the maker/manufacturer of the unknown item was Rand International located at 51 Executive Blvd., Farmingdale, NY.  I Googled the name and came up with some information about their company.  From what I was able to find on their website, they manufactured toys, bicycles and bicycle parts.  I sent an email to the address that was given, explaining what had happened and how I got their name.  I asked if they made dog toys or only children's toys and bicycles.  I asked what other plastic items they made. I sent photos of the pieces that were removed from Emma & Cadbury's stomachs.  I was hoping they might be able to help me determine what exactly they ate, so that we could figure out WHERE and HOW they got it.  When they didn't respond to my first email I sent another.  When they did not respond to that email, I called the number that was listed.  The phone was no longer in service and there was no additional information available.  (I had noticed that they had filed for bankruptcy, but those proceedings can drag on for years, and I was hoping that I would still be able to reach someone.)

If any of you have any idea as to how I might be able to track down someone affiliated with Rand International, please email me.  If any of you wish to see a photo of the pieces that were removed, to try to help solve the puzzle, let me know.  We are quite sure that the pieces, although stiff now, were softer/more flexible when they were ingested.  They are more or less brown with a coppery look to them now.  Who knows what colors the item might have been originally.  Stomach acid, after all.  The item was hollow with a thin shell/skin.  Other than that . . .

Thanks so much.

Karen