[Dailydrool] Blowing like a steam engine?

Lisa Board lisaboardva at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 20:39:28 PDT 2012

First, we'd like to send healing drool and love to all of the houndies
and slaves that need a little extra ear scratch.  I feel about so many
of these hounds like they are my own, as I'm sure we all do in this
community.

There have been several posts recently about respiratory issues, which
prompted me to write.  Every once in a while, thankfully not often, my
soon-to-be four year old Baloo will start blowing hard ... like a
steam engine is the best way to describe it.  It lasts about 10
seconds, and is not the result of exercise, excitement, or any trigger
that I can tell.  He'll just be standing there and start breathing
very hard and very loudly ... I watch him like a hawk... and it stops.
No cough.   Maybe once a month, maybe less.  It's so infrequent that I
only thought about it after seeing the respiratory posts.  Any ideas?
Any cause for concern?  It doesn't seem to faze him in the slightest
and he goes right about his business.

Love, peace and drool to all,
Lisa, Mama to Baloo, Zoe and Buckley ATB