[Dailydrool] Finness

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 20 11:39:30 PDT 2012

My dear Bugsey, this is Snoopy,

I would like to assure you that cats are rather manageable, albeit stupid.  Of
course, most creatures are stupid when compared to a basset hound.  Take the
clueless momPerson for example .... but I digress.

We, too, have a cat at the vet.  He, too, is considered "mean."  I have charmed
him with my suave and debonair ways.  The trick is to show your grace and
elegance as you approach the cat.  If you do so they may gently pat you but
rarely if ever do anything rude.  I assure you that the fact that I am HUGE has
nothing to do with it.  I am simply too smart for the cat.

Cyrus, my late brother, had a different technique.  He chased cats and caught a
great many in his lifetime and was never once injured by one.  Seriously, he
would chase and catch strange cats and they never ever injured him.  I assure
that the fact that he was taller than a man when he stood on hind legs and
weighed 110 lbs had nothing to do with it.

Cats are stupid and it is all in your approach.

More later from Snoopy, cat charmer and all around suave and debonair basset