[Dailydrool] Welcoming Copper

Ursula Kramer rodurs at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 17:42:41 PDT 2012

It is official, Copper is now the newest member of our pack (yes, we failed fostering again). Copper is a handsome red and white boy of about 8 years from Oregon Basset Hound Rescue. Nancy must have known when she placed him with us to foster him that he would probably be staying (even after he bit me and caused me to miss several days from work).
Many a foster has come through our doors on their way to their forever home but Copper pulled at our heartstrings. He came to us with a previous bite record and had issues with other dogs as well as people (especially the kid types). He has overcome his issues with people and will now let everyone pet him (unless he is sleeping of course), loves his new Basset sister and brother and hasn't snapped at anyone in over 4 months! Now we have to remember that the next foster can not stay as we have a limit of four and would hate to have a Basset go homeless because we were unable to foster.