[Dailydrool] clueless momPerson checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 23 13:21:13 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's Dale

First off drool to all in need.  I sure hope Molly's toe turns out fine and she
and her mommy have a nice snuggle and all is well from here on out.

I've never seen a sebaceous cyst before.  Snoopy has a little tiny one on the
inside of his elbow (at the least the vet says that's what it is) but it's about
the size of a pencil eraser and been there for years and not changing.  Gracies
..... WOW.  Out of nowhere sprung this THING about the size of a child's bouncy
ball (smaller than a golf ball).  At first (being the ever clueless momPerson) I
was in a PANIC.  The I talked to the president of our rescue.  I described it to
her and she told me to use warm compresses on it yesterday so I did.  Today it
has a scab.  She told me if I continue to use warm compresses the scab will come
off and it will drain and then I should apply betadine (that orange stuff they
paint you with before they stitch you up) to disinfect it.  I always use
hydrogen peroxide to clean up breaks in the skin but ok, I'll buy some betadine,
Gloria's a vet tech, she knows her stuff.  Funny story here ..... a lady wrote
me off drool to tell me about her dog's bug bite on the tail and cleaning it up
with hydrogen peroxide so I told her about the betadine and she said "I'm a
nurse, I should know this, I'll get some."  I felt better.  Now everybody needs
to go out and get some betadine and add it to the doggy first aid kit.  It's
cheap folks but it does stain so use it outside.

For those of you on facebook you know my babies are all cuddling and playing and
acting like littermates and it's healing our hearts.  Some folks say Cyrus sent
us Gracie.  That made me think.  When I brought her home as a foster I adjusted
one of Snoopy's collars to fit her.  She wasn't microchipped yet so I needed a
way to mark her and all I had was a tag with Cyrus name and my cell phone
number.  Yup, she's wearing a Snoopy's collar and Cyrus tag this whole time.  I
guess I should buy her one now with her own name on it!!!

My husband has 5 more weeks and he's done with his chemo.  48 weeks.  whew, it's
been tough.  I'm glad it's almost over but the medicine still makes him so sick,
especially the shots which he does once a week.  Some weeks are worse than
others.  He couldn't get out of bed this morning so the dogs were laying on
him.  The tried kissing, they tried cuddling ... Snoopy tried walking his 72 lbs
back and forth across him stepping carefully to place those dinner plate paws
right on sensitive guy spots and nada.  So they decided to charge up and down
the hall like idiots doing the basset 500.  He's up.  These clowns make him
smile when nothing else can.

I love bassets.

More later from the clueless momPerson with Snoopy, LuLu and now Gracie too