[Dailydrool] New hound owner... Help!

Janett Lopez-Inayama inayamas at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 14:53:13 PDT 2012

Hi,

My family and Ijust adopted a Basset from Daphneyland in Acton, CA.
We couldn't be more overjoyed with our new family member.  She is a beautiful 6 yr old girl.
My question is, since my kids are in school/day care all day and my husband and I both work full time is it ok to keep our new girl crated during the day.  The other option is a dog run outside.What do you recommend is the best option.  How do bassets fair in a crate for 4-5 hrs stretches?  Is the dog run better?  We are heating up again so I'm worried about it being too hot outside and also worried about a howling hound outside. I am able to come home during lunch for about an hour so I can spend a little time and take her on a short walk. What do you recommend at the best option to train her on?

Thanks!
-Janett