[Dailydrool] Dogapalooza

Jennifer Beezley jbeezley at cableone.net
Wed Aug 29 17:41:40 PDT 2012

So, we adopted a buppy in May, Kipling (or Kip).  He is the sweetest,
bestest puppy- ever!  He has been a joy to have since day 1, although I
will admit the chewing stage has started with a vengance and I am not
enjoying that so much.

In July, Paul's step-mother gets a 6 month assignment for her job in
Brazil.  We get a call in early August asking us to take in their two dogs
while they are gone.  They have a massive, 110lb Black Lab and a mix- chow
and something.  Very sweet dogs but definately, not bassets.

I am now living with 5 dogs!  I have a big black dog that can rest her chin
on my kitchen table or tongue swipe food off the counter.  She sneaks out
the dog door several times a day to sit in the pool.  Yes, she just sits on
the stairs, swims a bit then gets out.  We are purchasing fencing for the
pool this weekend.

I am not sure my sanity can survive this.  I am already looking into
respite care for me but that would involve loading 5 dogs into a car to
take them somewhere.  I think I'll make sure my wine fridge is fully loaded.

--
Jennifer
Jacksonville, AL