[Dailydrool] Alpha

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Thu Aug 30 09:19:15 PDT 2012

Our Yorkie basically raised Lilie.  I have pictures of her running that poor
puppy ragged and when Lilie grew up, Daisy the Yorkie was still alpha dog.
Lilie didn't care.  When Daffodil came at the age of 4 months, Daisy
recognized another toy player and I watched as Daisy transferred alpha dog
status to Lilie with just 1 look.  It was amazing.  Lilie became alpha dog,
Daisy retired to play with Daffodil and it's been that way ever since.

Now that Daffy is 4 years old, she's beginning to disagree with Lilie every
once in a while.  I think she's noticed that she's 20 lb. heavier than her
sister, but Lilie will always be alpha if only because she has the force of
personality to keep it.  Daffy is loving but essentially brainless.

I'm so glad that I was able to witness the transfer of power.  Simple and to
the point.  Everyone was happy.

Katie, Lilie and Daffodil (and Daisy the Yorkie)