[Dailydrool] Harumph!

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 30 09:00:46 PDT 2012

Greetings from Snoopy,

I should like to set the record straight.  Poor little Gracie has had a rough 3
weeks.  3 weeks ago today some idiot pushed her and another overbred basset out
of a car (stopped, thank goodness) in a farm labor camp and drove off.  Just
like that she was homeless.  Then someone called animal control who picked her
and the other basset up and gave them 72 hours to find safe haven or else.
Well, they extended it slightly and the clueless momPerson managed to beat feet
down there and pull these two poor bassets with 35 minutes to spare.

So then Gracie was scared and confused and the clueless momPerson took her to
the vet and got her shots and poked and prodded.  And then she took her back and
they did surgery and stapled her shut (that was a week ago).  Little Gracie has
had to wear the collar of shame and she's been kept doped up on some sort of
drug and I took pity on the poor girl and let her do whatever she wanted.  I
just got out of her way and let her be, poor thing.  She was NOT nice but she
didn't bite me or tear up anything so I just ignored it.  Until yesterday.
Starting yesterday morning no more drugs for Gracie.  The clueless momPerson
took her back to the vet and the vet took the collar off too.  Now she was just
being bossy as far as I can see.  I gave her a wide berth yesterday but by last
night enough was enough.  She snarked at me ...... and I yelled right back and I
backed her up into a corner and yelled right in her face and told her ENOUGH
already.  You just GO LAY DOWN.  So she did.  She went to bed with Natalie last
night (check facebook).

And this morning it was like nothing ever happened.  We came down the hall and
ate our bowls and had our cookies and LuLu and Gracie played a little tiny bit
(shhhhh don't tell the vet, they aren't supposed to till tomorrow) and then we
all watched the clueless momPerson make lunches and eat her breakfast and then
we all clustered in the entry way while the girls and momPerson left.

I am STILL ALPHA!!!!!  I am simply a gentleman is all.  And my momPerson is
clueless.  I love her but she's still clueless.

More later from Snoopy.