[Dailydrool] Basset Manuals

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 10:48:41 PDT 2012

Years ago, and today it feels like a million years ago, when we got our first basset Charles, I bought a book on bassets, something like all you need to know on bassets--I planned on being informed!!!!
Charles got the book before I did, He ripped it to shreds, nothing left but chunks of paper, bits of binding. I swear he had a gleem in his eyes.
This should of gave me some insight, really it should, as he then moved on to chewing and destroying anything in his path. I was his 3rd owner in 8 months time.
He ate his way out of house and home with the prior 2 owners---
Charles himself was my basset manual. He taught me to hold on by the seat of my pants as he taught me the ways of a basset----there is no book to describe some of them!

Drool to all in need!

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,