[Dailydrool] Stewie

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Wed Aug 15 14:02:23 PDT 2012

Stewie is fitting right in with the other seven dogs in our home. He is eating better and better every day, he eats about five small meals each day and his fur is growing in He is still pretty naked but not near as naked as he was three weeks ago when we got him. He still has an occasional goopy eye but very seldom, his ears are completely well thanks to the Blue Powder that we got from a Drooler.

He does whine if one of the Alpha dogs is laying in the hall crossways so that no other dogs may pass he is very humble and knows not to cross an Aphas path. He whines and whines till we come to his rescue and stand between him and the other dog so he can pass by. ( He is not the ony one who does this) He loves this dog bed with sides on it that was donated to us a few years ago, it is also Busters favorite bed but Stewie has taken it over for now. Buster is about four times as big as Stewie but they have the same humble personality so they take turns and they share the bed.

I disturbed him taking his picture so he got up out of his favorite bed and was walking away in disgust. Right now he is crawling back into it and lying down as I type. His ears are still pink because the hair is so thin, and his back end is still pretty bare from all of the flea bites but all in all he is looking good.

I can still count his vertebrae and ribs because they still protrude as his thin skin stretches over his frail body but he is gaining weight, I have had to loosen his collar twice and I can no longer reach across his back and touch his tummy on both sides with my hand.

I am attaching a few pictures, I keep trying to get pictures of him outside but he prefers staying in the house and when we go outside to work in the yard he hee haws like a mule begging us to come back inside with him. He is so afraid of being left behind.

He is such a nice boy. He is one of the lucky ones, I am sure there are more dogs out there like him who are just waiting to die. Stewie was near death when we got him he was in such poor shape I was afraid he may not make it but with all of the good care we are able to give him and the generous donations he is starting to enjoy his time here on earth, and he has a wonderful future ahead. Stewie thanks you for caring. Thanks you for his life. http://wmbri.org