[Dailydrool] Gracie Not Eating

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 04:00:39 PDT 2012

I agree with all the complications that can occur after a surgery that
everyone has mentioned.  Definately always check those after a surgery.
There is one other thing to keep in mind though.  Anesthesia makes some
dogs (and people) very nauseous.  My poor Bismark ATB could never eat for 2
days after a procedure.  His sister, Bubbles ATB, was always so helpful
because she would find food and bring it to him and DEMAND that he eat it.
So he would.  Then he would throw up.  Unfortunately, Beauford has the same
problem.  I sympathize greatly because I am one of those humans.  If you
have a hound like that, do them a favor and just let them get over feeling
like they are going to puke their guts up.  This is assuming no fever, no
bleeding, no anemia, no other bad mojo and they are drinking water.

Jennifer, momslave to Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn