[Dailydrool] Gracie

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 26 09:05:23 PDT 2012

Good morning Droolers,

You guys are the absolute BEST.  I was SO scared yesterday.  Then you guys wrote
to me and I checked her temp (101).  I checked her gums .. pink, white when
pressed, went right back to pink.  She threw up twice after I brought her home
Friday (both before Midnight) ..... green water ...... blech.  But she did not
throw up after that and she was drinking and peeing just fine.  LuLu got her to
eat about a cup of rice mixed with boiled steak and then cuddled her on the
couch all night (see facebook).  I tried one more time and got her to eat 8 (yes
I counted them) pieces of kibble.

And then it turned out that Jennifer was right.  Gracie's fine.

Long before sun up this morning a crying basset announced she was so hungry she
simply couldn't wait for breakfast and would somebody please get out of bed and
feed her.  I leapt out of bed, turned on all the light (my husband loves me
thank Dog) raced to the kitchen, and fixed bowls.  The other (very sleepy
bassets) waddled on down the hall and took their positions (Gracie won't eat
unless they eat too) and all 3 chowed down on their bowls .... big time.

And then, we all went back to bed.  Fed and happy.  And around 8 LuLu got us all
up barking asking if it counted or if they were getting fed again.  Sheesh.
 Bassets.

More later from a very happy but very clueless momPerson with Snoopy (sisters!!)
and LuLu (she's cuddly) and Gracie too (I'm high maintenance)

P.S.  They drailed the cyst on her tail, say it should be fine.