[Dailydrool] Hair loss

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Aug 29 03:01:15 PDT 2012

When we are talking about hair loss, are we talking shedding or a dog who is losing fur and not replacing it?

Our Holly is currently starting on her fall shed, I think. It began on her hind legs, where she lost so much that she actually had a line delineating the part that hadn't yet shed. You would think that I had taken a clipper to her, but it was all perfectly natural--her own doing, you might say. Following that, she has started to shed pretty much all over her body now. The comb and brush have been used almost nightly. But my floors are still covered with fur.

This seems a bit early for shedding. Maybe we will have a mild winter again? Otherwise, I guess I'd best get the shovels out and expect the worst.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets