[Dailydrool] collars

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 14:17:08 PST 2012

My two wear collars with ID tags on them at all times. this has been a lifesaver the couple of times Bo has slipped out a left open gate and taken himself for a walk. back in his younger days, he had once gotten about eight blocks from home and was picked up and brought home in a police cruiser by a dog-loving police officer. BUT, Bo and Harley wear their collars like necklaces, not chokers--so loose that they really rest around their shoulders almost and the tags hang down on their breastbones. That way they pull right off if caught on or tugged by anything. when I walk them, I use slip leashes. the collars are for identification purposes only. Both are also microchipped. I have had no problems with the super loose collars, but it is true that they do not wrestle and there are no low branches in our yard. if you needed to gab one of them and pull him away from something, you could not do this with the collar, though.