[Dailydrool] Bathroom rugs that are safe(r) for bassets

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 16:11:17 PST 2012

----------------

Read the post about the bathroom rug eating incident.  {snip}I started
checking my throw rugs and door mats around the house.  In place of
heavy thread for strength on the back of these rugs, it seems more and
more manufacturers are using a very thin wire in place of
thread.{/snip}

We've fostered our share of chewer-uppers over the years, and also
those who like to pee in any little rug they can find.  as a
consequence, we now only buy bathroom rugs and throw rugs that can be
fully machine-washed and dried, AND that have no plastic or wires in
them.  If you look around some, you can find bathroom rugs that are a)
all-cotton, and b) the same on front and back, so they're reversible.
This allows them to be machine-washed and dried on hot, and it also
allows them to be flipped over when they get basset-foot-dirt on them,
doubling the time until you have to wash them again!

Just to get you started shopping for these, here's a list of available
all-cotton reversible rugs from amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=reversible+bathroom+rugs

Merry christmas shopping!
--
Menzie Campbell