[Dailydrool] Barbara Woodhouse quote

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Dec 3 07:51:04 PST 2012

I was much amused by the Barbara Woodhouse quote. I don't know if anyone remembers her TV program from the seventies. She was a real codgerette who obviously loved dogs much more than people and gave the people on the show heck for just about anything while the dogs could do no wrong. She constantly talked about "walkies" (the way she trilled it, it sounded more like "wookies").

All I can say is that if she thought she'd train a basset in five minutes, she was clearly deluded. These TV trainers rarely deal with bassets on their shows--probably for good reason. If they ever do train them, they surely don't get on a program, because who wants to hear that it could take their dog a long time to learn something?
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets
Holly (obey is just a word for humans) and Dexter (I don't need to obey, I have them wrapped around my paw) and a very temporary foster, Baby, who thinks "down" is a command for geese