[Dailydrool] That Hound Behavior

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Mon Dec 3 16:02:32 PST 2012

Momma here--and no Jakes results are not back--perhaps rolling in by burro---sigh-----but I read with interest about the issue of Snoopy and Gracie. I happen to find dog behavior very interesting-but then I have had more than my share of hounds that have "baggage". It made me wonder--is Snoopy really the culprit here?? Now I ask that question because when Ol Bob was alive we had much the same situation with Jake and Bob. Same places--close quarters, the hall, doorways--ect. The next thing we would know was we were hauling jake off to the crate-righting Ol Bob checking him out-the roar was always upsetting, Here was Ol Bob, ancient-and Jake young and strong. Then one day I noticed something. Ol Bob was laying in the kitchen, Jake come thru, I quickly looked at Ol Bob-and that told the story. There was a sneer on his snooter-a come on big boy look-he was doing nothing more than daring Jake to pound him. I was just shocked, I could not believe Bob was the actual pot stirring hound, but the proof was right there, and until I caught him, I had no clue and would of never blamed him until that moment. I swear-still to this day I see that look and when I said Bob-how could you------he grinned, He knew the secret was out. Bob was the one, not Jake. Jake never forgot--
Dog behavior can be very tricky to catch, but if you watch closely there are times it shows why dogs act like they do. As another thought--sometimes it isnt even the dog that is anywhere in sight--I have seen Jake pound Elwood because he was irritated with Daisy, but he knew better to take her on, she would of overhauled him, but Elwood wont.
In my opinion dogs behavior can also be alot like a human. You might forgive someone a few times, and the last time was simply the last time and there is then no mending the breech. That is the point of no return, no peace, no chance of letting dogs together. They don't forget, and some don't forgive.
So I would take a really good look Dale, there might be more going on than you think. Watch the eyes, they sure can reveal a ton of who done what to who.
My two cents, been there, done that, drug them apart and blamed the wrong dog----

Drool to all in need!

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,