[Dailydrool] Citrus Fruit?

kristin.mielke at videotron.ca kristin.mielke at videotron.ca
Thu Dec 6 10:33:11 PST 2012

First drool to everyone in need, especially those who have recently lost a fur baby or are waiting for vet results with crossed paws. Last year that was us, so I have been there. It is especially hard when things go wrong during the holidays...so Hubert is sending copious quantities of sticky drool.So here is my question: Is citrus fruit in any way harmful to dogs?
Why do I ask? Well Hubert has developed a taste for Grapefruit. Yes ....Grapefruit. He loves it, begs for it. He has even counter cruised it. I bought a case of pink grapefruit off the neighbors son who was selling cases of Florida citrus to raise funds for baseball, and from the first moment the crate arrived Hubert has wanted some. He has stolen it from my plate, from the counter, and has even eaten through the box.
He also enjoys mangoes, bananas, cherries, strawberries, and apples. But grapefruit apparently is the best.
I love him with my whole heart...but he is the strangest eater I have every encountered. Anyone else's hound eat citrus fruit?

Hubert (Yummy..me likes the grpfruz)
Kris ( I wonder if the Florida Citrus Growers need a mascot)