[Dailydrool] Dear little Ernie is really Dr. Jekyl

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Tue Dec 11 09:33:37 PST 2012

I'm starting to learn why Ernie has been in a dozen homes.
He loves to go for car rides, but he doesn't like to get out
of the car. After his dental and lump removal he was still
groggly from anesthesia. When we got home he growled and
snarled, bared his upper teeth and frothed at the mouth when
we tried to get him out.  He was in a crate so we just
zipped it up and carried the whole crate in the house. He
came out and was he sweet little self.  Yesterday I took him
to the eye doc to look at his eye because it's been red
since we got him.  Hubby is out of town for work so I'm by
myself. I didn't put him in a crate. His foster mom said he
likes to ride in the back seat.  So, went to the vet. No
problem. When we got  home, he growled, snarled, bared his
upper teeth and frothed at the mouth.  I couldn't get him
out of the back seat.  I brought his dinner out and put it
on the ground. Wouldn't budge from the back seat.  Tried
this for an hour.  It was freezing out.  Warmed some trout I
found in the freezer.  Still wouldn't come out.  I finally
had to open the other door and push him out with a dust mop.
 He about tore the mop head off.  Once he was out of the
car, he ate the food and trout in his bowl on the ground and
walked in the house like nothing had happened.  Then last
night at bed time, Lacy and Daisy claimed their spots on the
bed first.  Ernie was lying on the floor.  I invited him up
and he quickly climbed up the 2 little stairs to the bed and
stretched out across the top on our pillows.  I nudged him
so I could get in bed. Big mistake!  He growled, snarled,
bared his teeth and frothed at the mouth. I went on the
other side and moved Daisy so I could get in and Ernie
snuggled right up to me like nothing had happened.  Do I
have a monster on my hands? He didn't do this for the first
couple of weeks, but I think it was because he felt so
lousy.  Now that his absessed tooth has been pulled and the
antibiotics have kicked in, he is feeling better and his
true self is coming out.  I need help.
Ann