[Dailydrool] Holiday joy

Ammosby ammosby at aol.com
Sun Dec 16 06:23:51 PST 2012

Ahhh....a beautifully decorated tree with perfectly wrapped presents waiting beneath...a gorgeous wreath hanging overhead...and the scent of freshly baked cookies tickling our noses...this is how I envisioned the holidays -------------screeech.......

This is the reality of the holidays last night:

I rush home stopping at an overcrowded grocery store to buy ingredients to make 6 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange I am going to tomorrow night.  I don't enjoy baking but I figure once a year I can do it....

I walk in my apartment to find my Christmas tree crumpled in half with two kittens tangling the branches...Baloo has torn open one of the packages and is happily chewing on a bow.  So much for putting any presents out now.

Time to start on the darned cookies.  I am tired but have to work on Sunday so I have to finish all these little buggers tonight.  Get out all the ingredients...ack...Baloo is whining to go potty...hold on...out we go...

OK..back to the cookies...Baloo is whining for dinner...feed her....feed the kitties...Ok...back to the ingredients....

Now Baloo wants water...

Ok...still haven't even put ingredients in bowl....Geez...what does Baloo have in her mouth now?  Where did she find THAT ornament?  Ok..no more ornaments on the tree...take them all off...who needs ornaments on the tree anyway...it looks fine without any...right?   Right?  RIGHT???

OK...mix the ingredients up...shape dough into pan...what?  Baloo you couldn't possibly have to go out again?  OK...but quickly now....

Out we go...come back in and WHAT?  Why in the world would a kitty step right into the middle of a pan of dough??  yuck....throw that out...wash off feet...start from scratch...

Get dough in oven.....CRASH...gorgeous wreath is knocked to floor (can kittens fly?)...

Out comes first pan of dough (I need 4 of these - sheesh!)...needs to set and cool but there is no where to put this pan without eight little paws trying to step on it.  Ends up in the shower in my bathroom with the door closed.  Would Martha Stewart approve of this I wonder?

Time to mix the icing...grab the first bowl I see, mix the icing -- Baloo is whining again -- "Ok..I know you want more water..where is your bowl?"

Then it hits me -- Ewww...I KNOW Martha Stewart would certainly not approve of this...I had just mixed up the icing in Baloo's water bowl!  For a brief second I thought...."Who would know?"

But Baloo isn't known for her discriminating tastes in snacking (if you know what I mean).

At that point I was done...knew if was time to call it quits...throw in the proverbial cookie towel...especially as I watch the bag of flour fall in slow motion off the counter.

I will buy something on the way home from work

Anne-Marie with Baloo and the kitties Milo and Sasha too